About 54,000 new cases of thyroid cancer are diagnosed in the United States every year. About 75 % of the patients are women. The death rate for thyroid cancer is very low compared to other cancer types. Thanks to the thyroid ultrasound, more and more cases of this type of cancer are discovered early enough to proceed with the successful treatment.
Conventional thyroid cancer treatments may include surgery, radioactive iodine therapy, thyroid hormone therapy, external beam radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and more.
Four Types Of Thyroid Cancer
There are four types of thyroid cancer known today:
- Papillary thyroid cancer – accounts for 80 % of thyroid cancer cases. It grows slowly and spreads to the neck lymph nodes.
- Follicular thyroid cancer – accounts for about 10% - 15% of thyroid cancer cases. It often spreads to the lymph nodes and blood vessels.
- Medullary thyroid cancer – accounts for about 10% of thyroid cancer cases. It’s usually inherited and linked to other glandular problems. Medullary cancer is easier to identify at its early stages.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer – accounts for under 1% of thyroid cancer cases. It’s the most aggressive type.
The symptoms of thyroid cancer can include:
- Neck and throat pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Enlarged thyroid gland
- Lump on the neck of different sizes
- Hoarse voice
- Cough of an unknown source
Holistic Approach To Thyroid Cancer
The main goal of natural thyroid treatment is to improve the immune system function. Once the system begins functioning properly, the healthy cells start fighting cancerous cells. When used together with Insulin Potentiated Therapy, it often results in an effective and balanced treatment approach.
Properly chosen herbal supplements can also play an important role in thyroid cancer treatment.
Each patient requires an individual approach. An expert in holistic thyroid cancer treatment can combine many different methods to implement an effective therapy. Using alternative cancer treatments without proper guidance may be useless or harmful.
Treating Thyroid Cancer
Specialists in our Phoenix Arizona clinic use their knowledge of the best alternative cancer therapies for an effective treatment protocol for each patient. If you want to learn more about alternative thyroid cancer treatments, please give us a call at (602) 404- 0400 to schedule a consultation.