Causes of Chronic Disease
Why so much chronic disease? To keep it simple, we would boil it down to these four causes:
- Unhealthy Food Choices: History tells us when the trading ships started carrying sugar and white flour to populations around the world, chronic diseases cropped up in their wake. A sugary diet leads to a depressed immune system, elevated insulin levels, obesity, cancer – to name a few. “Bad fats” and fried foods lead to inflamed arteries, thick and sticky blood, and heart disease. Processed convenience foods are devoid of vitamins, minerals and enzymes needed for health.
- Environmental Toxins: Our toxic world weakens our immune systems. In 2005, a landmark study by the Environmental Working Group found 287 chemicals in umbilical cord blood, of which 180 cause cancer in humans or animals, 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system, and 208 cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal tests. The chemicals included stain and oil repellants in fast food packaging, clothes and textiles; dozens of widely used brominated flame retardants; and numerous pesticides. So today’s babies begin their exposure to toxins in utero, then grow up in a world that bombards them daily with carcinogenic radiation, hormone-disrupting industrial chemicals, fluoride and chlorine in the water.
- Physical Inactivity: Today’s sedentary lifestyle makes it harder to burn the excess calories we eat. It means we don’t strengthen our heart muscle or our bones. It also means we don’t detox as well as we could.
- Poor Dental Health: Growing evidence links low-grade, chronic infections and chronic diseases with periodontal pathogens. Mercury fillings and root canals are a constant source of infectious material.
The Good News
Reaching for optimal health is a lot easier when you know how and have expert input. There is so much dietary advice from the “experts,” how do you know what to believe? What chemicals should you avoid? What is going on with your body? The doctors at the EuroMed Foundation begin with a full physical assessment. Each person is unique, and each treatment plan is customized. We can tailor your alternative cancer treatment to your particular needs. Visit the following pages to learn more about the different components of health optimization at the EuroMed Foundation:
- Chronic Disease
At the EuroMed Foundation, we offer a variety of complementary or integrative therapies that can be used alone or in combination with cancer treatment alternatives such as Insulin Potentiation Therapy (IPT) to optimize your health and provide alternative treatment for breast cancer, lung cancer, and a wide variety of other cancers. Options include:
- A “Myers Cocktail” and similar patient-specific IVs to flood the body with vitamins and minerals because nutritional deficiencies are the root cause of so many chronic problems. The intravenous delivery coaxes the nutrients into the cells. It is often used to support immune function while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Therapeutic levels of antioxidants, including glutathione, Alpha-lipoic Acid (ALA) and vitamin C, to quench free radicals and help the detoxification processes.
- UVB treatments to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi in the blood stream.
- Homeopathic detox to “sweep” the body and help it excrete dead viruses, dead white blood cells, and by-products of the chemical reactions from medicines.
- Mushroom extracts to support the immune system and help quench the overactive responses that feed autoimmune diseases.
We provide all of our patients with a book, written in our clinic specifically for our patients, that shows you the roadmap to optimal health. To get your copy and learn more about health optimization, request your free personal orientation online. Or you can call our office at (602) 404-0400 to schedule your orientation with one of our doctors.