Dr. Lasalvia-Prisco is an Oncologist with a strong background in cancer immunotherapy. He served as Director of the National Cancer Institute of Uroguay. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. He has authored or co-authored 155 published papers in scientific journals, Medical Congress Acts, international forums and peer review journals. Dr. Lasalvia-Prisco serves on the Advisory Board for EuroMed.
- Doctor in Medicine 1968. Residency 1968-1970: Medical School, University ofUruguay (1961-1968)
- Degree in Biological Sciences, 1969: School of Sciences, University of Uruguay
Specialties And Post-graduate Studies 1975-1985
- Internist, Internal Medicine Degree, Post-Graduate School of the School of Medicine, University of Uruguay
- Oncologist, Clinical Oncology Degree, Post-Graduate School of the School of Medicine, University of Uruguay
- Specialist in Clinical Laboratory, Biochemistry
- Cancerologie, University of Paris, Institute of Cancerologie et d’Immunogenetique.Villejuif: Certificate of Improvement in Cancerologie, 1970
- Hematology, University of Paris, Paul Brousse Hospital, Group Hopitalier Gustave
Roussy. Certificate of Improvement in Hematology, 1976
Awards, Scholarships, Distinctions, Technical And Scientific Missions
In Uruguay, the School of Medicine has two annual Awards, the Annual Scholarships that are granted to the 2 graduates with the most outstanding academic merits according to a special tribunal. The University of the Uruguay also grants every year among the graduates of all the University Schools that have obtained the Annual Scholarships, two awards denominated Artigas Scholarships, to those who gather the highest academic merits according to a special tribunal.
Independently, several types of Scholarships for studies of Improvement are offered by different Governments to the university graduates who are selected by their educational and academic records.
- Annual Scholarship, School of Medicine, University of Uruguay, 1968
- Artigas Scholarship, University of Uruguay, 1968
- Scholarship of Improvement of the Government of France
- Scholarship as Invited Investigator of the Government of France
- Mission of Oncological Research Coordination. Birbeck College London
- Mission of Multicentric Coordination in the Oncological Research Program, Department of Tumoral Biology. Institute Karolinska. Stockholm. Sweden
- Scholarship of Improvement of the Government of Spain. Hematology Program.
- Farreras Valenti-Ciril Rozman Clinic, Clinical Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
- Title of Master of the Latin American Medicine. Argentina Medical Association,Argentina
- Mission of the Ministry of Health of Uruguay to the National Cancer Institute, USA
- Uruguayan delegate to the Pan-American Heath Organization Meeting
- Special guest to the Annual Meeting of the Executive Committee of the PanAmerican Health Organization
- Special guest to the First International Congress of Italian Scientists in the World (Primo Convegno internazionale degli Scienziati italiani nel mondo (Roma, 10-12 marzo 2003), Government of Italy.
- Member of the Scientific Board of Journal of Clinical and Biological Research
- Member of the Scientific Board of Immunology and Immunotherapy
- Member of the Scientific Board of Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology